5 Qualities a content writer should possess.
Writing as a job is exciting. It is believed that a consummate writer would enjoy a writing job as it is an extension of his or her hobby.
However, writing job is not only about unleashing one’s own creativity it is also about sticking to the specifics as per the job requirements.
Some writers are hired to write catalogs, product specifications, blog writers in Digital Marketing companies and similar firms and some turn out be a V.S. Naipaul or Vikram Seth.
Unfortunately, most writers even if they are bestselling author material end up writing monotonous product descriptions.
The attraction of being a content writer is that he or she can choose his own time, place and schedules.
At the same time, if he lacks necessary skills, he would have, indeed a hard time making a living of it. To become a successful content writer one need a full toolkit of marketable skills.
1. Mastering different styles is a pre-requisite for a successful content writer
Each form of writing has its own style. The news is written in short and informational paragraph with the meat of the story on the top.
Blogging is a lot more personal and opinionated. An advertisement content is short and persuasive.
2. Random subjects a “no” for a successful content writers
There is a creative process to find a subject and it is termed by the writing industry as “Ideation”.
Ideation is mostly done in a team setting, on the other hand, a freelance writer is on his own. Hence it is important to know certain points as given below-
- Understand the audience. If you know the reader, then it is a lot easier to arrive at your subject.
- Keyword research. Keywords take directly to the kind of audience you have around.
- Checking out competitors can give you an idea of the subject that could yield you more mileage.
- An attractive title. The title always compels people to read.
3. Content writing must be original to be successful
When tens and thousands of people are writing the same subject, it is normal to have some similarity. Hence bringing up a unique voice is very important to be original.
Plagiarized content doesn’t do any good in SEO for Digital Marketing companies.
4. A successful writer must know SEO, HTML, WordPress, and CSS to yield a successful Digital Marketing Company
SEO knowledge and know how other basics of WordPress and stuff is very important in content writing for Digital Marketing.
5. Successful content writers are social media specialists and Digital Marketing Specialists.
Name recognition is important. Social media puts everything you need within your grasp. Build your audience, meet publishers and talk to industry experts.
When your writing is published, the fun has only just begun. The more active you are on social media, the more likely your followers will be to recommend your content.
Successful content writers are active, public and friendly.
So, think again about writing “success.” It stops being about words on paper as soon as “content” is added to “writer.”
Content writers are Digital marketing experts, SEO specialists, on-page coders and social media butterflies. With the right skill set, you’ll succeed and find that yours is the best job in the world.